Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Waiting to Spill

After three long weeks I got scheduled for a telephone interview for a teller position with Wells Fargo. One of the openings is 30 hours a week which would be full benefits and may help with the 45 min. commute. My friend Charisse once worked as a teller and said it was fun. It was a positive way to start the day.

I also just applied for a position online only to have it disappear and then be no longer posted as an opening! Luckily, I know the head of HR and she said they'd hire another person for that role if they found the right one. I have a call in to her...

I can feel how relieved I'll be once I get a job. It's like I'm holding my breath on all this creative stuff to stay focused until I get one. I can't imagine what will come spilling out of me then!

It's an exciting day in Forest City. School is getting out early today because the high school boys' basketball team is going to State! Half the people in town are traveling to Des Moines tonight to see their first game. All the kids ordered t-shirts to show their school spirit! If they get to the finals I think we'll have to join the rest of the town to cheer on the team - especially since my boys are all bball players! I love this small town spirit and support for sports!!! My boys sure are lucky to be the future recipients of such wonderful commotion.

Today is a good day. Though I'd rather do some writing or art, I will work on my budget. Maybe if I really get going, I'll allow myself a break or two to finish a few of my scribbled thoughts. I am glad to be motivated - even on this cloudy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment